Thank you for choosing us for your waxing service.
Read below for post waxing aftercare or download me in PDF by clicking here.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax.
These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
• No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
• No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
• No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
• No sport, gym work or other exercise.
• Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
• Wear clean, loose fitting clothing.
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
• Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
• To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment.
Always wash your hands before applying any product.
To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so.
It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
Hair needs to have had 3-4 weeks growth (about5mm long) before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks. Hair may become more fine, less dense and takes longer to grow back, each person varies, however it is not permanent)
Although we cannot predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. You may be different.
Following the aftercare guidelines is essential to help minimise and/or prevent irritation, possible breakouts, unsightly ingrown hairs, bacterial infections, scarring, itching and having to resort to using antibiotics.
Some areas are more prone to breakouts, for example the chest. There is nothing you can do if you are prone to breakouts, apart from not get waxed.
8a Lavant Street, Petersfield. Dermalogica Skin Care, Massage, Sports, Hot Stone, Bamboo, Body scrubs and masks, reflexology, waxing with hot / hard wax.